Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Oh My !!

Not only am I impressed but remembering the retreat with great fondness and good memories, I'd do it again as long as 'himself' behaved himself this time round.......a slight burp in that week which turned out to be, for me, extremely stressful and so I would like to publicly thank Doris, Jean, Celia P & daughter Stacie, Maggie MM for keeping me laughing...Jane, won't forget you in there too....and all the others who, while knowing something was amiss, kept the retreat afloat and everyone in good humour. And can I ever forget setting up the marquee outside with Curt's (from Minn.) help, floating balloons on the back of a chair and finding the legs sinking into the soft ground and grass; of minister friend Penny saying the grace (not our Grace), of the wonderful supper at The Globe Restaurant in Rosemont, of travelling to Guelph to Greenwood Quiltery; of the Dufferin Piecemakers Quilt exhibit....they are having one in another two years...by then I may be too long in the tooth to remember my own name....lol. But the quilts shown here are beautiful, Joleen, Irene, you've warmed my heart twice over.

Bee, welcome to Eden Grace...what a lovely name. Congratulations, Grandma.

Today, I am having a large chain link dog run installed. Have one now but placed it under white pine trees and it's always been dark and damp. This one is for AnnieBelle, the hooligan pup, 8 mos. old today. We are having a horse operation move back in here next door and while I love horses, herding dogs and horses are a bad mix.

The golden rod in the fields is making everything bright yellow, himself has gone out to the gliding club, thank heavens, out from under foot; Mary is here cleaning today...a blessing that happens every two weeks....and I'm just staying ahead cleaning up my mess.

Thank you for the memories. It was a great week for me in spite of the stress created here with himself. My appreciation to Jean for her great business skills; to my other 'house-mates' that week who kept me laughing until tears rolled down my cheeks. I won't forget it, either.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home