Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday early


Marion, it was so nice to open the chat board to the wonerful scenery of NZ and the pictures here are a nice relief to what are very dreary days that happen in March as we transition into spring here. We bounce between sunny days and drizzly days. Today, is drizzly with rain forecast.

Sara, it's kind of you to take the trouble to list verses of the bible for me. Many years ago, a very accomplished fibre artist here in Ontario did a number of commissioned wallhangings for a church on the theme of Revelations. They were nothing short of breathtaking and brought home that section of the bible vividly with her interpretation.
Here is my friend, Hamal, whom I've not met in person but feel I know from his many pictures taken by my friend, Susan, in California. He is a beautiful young Australian Shepherd pup; he lives on a compound of a ranch in central California not far from the coast and he is a monkey, full of energy and mischief as only puppies can be. This came in last night and made me smile with his tiny pink tongue tip. It's not unusual to see this in Aussie pups...they grow into themselves eventually.

We have a family funeral today; an uncle of whom I was very fond of and close to both he and his wife, my aunt Barbara, my mother's younger sister. She was only ten years older than me. Grandma was corpulent in older age, had had five children and Barb was a mid-life unexpected 'crisis' obviously for the doctor, who knew she was pregnant, thought it best not to mention that she was pregnant (she was mid-to late forties) and so, he did not confirm it until her fifth month. By then, of course, she was in shock and four months later produced my aunt, who became, in essence, an older sister for me. It will be nice to be with my mother's family...they are a jolly lot with a twinkle in their eye, always. But, also a sad occasion. My uncle simply marked time after Barb died. They were very close. She died eight years ago. Hard to believe. Life is like a totem pole. You get on at the bottom, rise to the top, fall off and the next generation takes over.
A hot bath is what I need now and then try to figure out what clothing will fit around my waist and rather plump bottom.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home