Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Google

I think this blog is a freebie service offered by Google. Google does "read" posts, just like it "reads" emails when one uses gmail as an email provider. In gmail, there are often sidebar ads that are related to one's email content or topics. It freaks a lot of people out. I think AOL is like that, too. I often notice little sidebar ads that are related to stuff I email. Now I don't notice them, so they either don't do it or I have learned to ignore it. ANYthing we do on the internet is not private, anyway, which is why I don't post private, personal stuff on web sites nor my face book page. The internet is like the old telephone party lines.

BTW, if you have a hotmail email address, change your password and make it something more secure, with numbers and symbols, etc. A friend of mine from sewing guild had her hotmail address hacked last week. She is the third person I know, whose hotmail account has been hacked in the past six months. I can always tell they have been hacked --- I get an email from that person (their address) saying that they are in the UK, have had their money and credit cards stolen, sometimes it says they are too embarrassed to tell their family, and would I please help them out.

One of these hack-and-scam emails came from a neighbor down the street. I immediately called her house, and she was home, not in London, and trying to deal with the nightmare of having her email hacked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home