Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Mill Bay checking in!

Yes, Heather, there are some flowers but I have promised to keep my mouth shut about them as long as my Eastern Canadian friends are snowbound! LOL Not that the weather has been all that nice for the last few days -- drizzly, wet, foggy and grey are the key words!

The sad part about that weather is that I decided I was going to have a midlife crisis in the grand old style -- just like men do! -- and I bought myself a little red Mustang GT convertible on Monday. Now I am waiting for nicer weather so I can drive it!

Other than that, life is the usual mixed bag. The little old lady I care for is doing well and after months of staffing problems we have a good crew again. On the other hand I had her her much loved dog at the vet yesterday and while we are waiting for the biopsy results to confirm it, it seems that he has a rather nasty cancer, lymphosarcoma. I am going to have to break this news to her once the results are back and we know exactly what we are dealing with. I am not looking forward to that.

I still have a house full of unadopted foster cats, which is making me crazy. Anybody want a lovely cat that is too big to appeal to all those people who only want to adopt little fuzzy cute kittens? I have seven like that...

DH has gone out to play poker with the boys tonight and I think I will take my book and settle in for a very long soak in a bubble bath -- such luxury!

Jean at Mill Bay

3 Comments:

At February 8, 2007 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Mary in KS said...

Jean, DH wants to know if your mustang will outrun his hemi. LOL
It's still cold and yukky here. Can't wait for spring.

 
At February 8, 2007 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

uslqzzniwuntyJean, as you see, I'm a page hopper ! Thought you would be more likely to read a comment here than on the other page (well down the page now..) Anyway. Just wanted to thank you again for the offer of prevailing upon your friend for THAT pattern. Unless somebody else has guzzumped me, I should be the proud owner of the one on Ebay before the day is out !
Isn't that amazing ? Well I think it is anyway !

Have a good day,
Marion in NZ

(Wow !! a Mustang.....)

 
At February 8, 2007 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

oooops....can't think why the previous post has the sectret words at the beginning of it !! I had to try four times before it was accepted . It's all a mystery to me.
M.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home